Minutes of April Meeting

TREPA Minutes

These are unapproved minutes.

April 3, 2019

The meeting of the Board of Directors of TREPA April 3, at 7:05 P.M. at Beacon Church location.

Present-BarrieMacGregor, John Sollows, Dan Earle, Debbie Sullivan, Jennifer Cunningham, Dianne Klomp, Mike Raynard,  Jean Cleveland, John Kearney, Roy Fudge, John Morris and Ginny Smith.

Regrets: John Linder, Eko Raharjo, and Larry Deveau.  Bryan Mood has moved.

Guest-Nicola Roberts Fenton (nrobertsFenton@gmail.com) .

Approved Agenda-John M and 2nd by Jean C.

Approved  Minutes– Moved by John M., approved by Roy.

Treasurer’s Report-Dianne circulated the Treasurer’s Report-A Donation was made to Nature Trust, Board Insurance was paid, Volunteer Organization Bennovel has been paid.  Roy asked how or if we could eliminate the liability GST/HST of $4000 in our budget.  Jen has not found the form.  Barrie suggests that the form can be found online. 

Dianne moved the adoption of her report.  Roy 2nd it-approved.


  1. Water quality-Municipality has $22000 according to John. Likely we are good to go. John will send requests to the municipalities.
  2. It appears that Brad Fulton’s position on the PAC  will not be filled.  His municipal position has been filled temporarily.
  3. Application to Clare has been sent for water quality monitoring.
  4. OP Eds -Barrie will work on having something to offer next time. 
  5. Summer Jobs-Clean Foundation –We have 4 applicants.  We hope to hire a person for the Eco Action job, but we may not have the funds. That is yet to be determined. 
  6. Shoreline Buffer Issues-The municipal units have received the spring letter (Clare, Argyle, Yarmouth).
  7. Lobster DrawCarl’s Store-April 19, 10-12- Friday (Ginny & Barrie) and 12-2 (John M. and Barrie); Saturday 10-12- John M & Barrie)//12-2- Aurel  and Barrie.   Carleton Store– April 27-12-2 //Carleton River 7am Roy & Barrie.
  8. Eco-Action-No news
  9. DFO Coastal Restoration-No news
  10. Municipality re Dayton issue. Notice of the issue has gone to council but not yet to the PAC members.  It was agreed that a letter should go to PAC via John Cunningham.  John S. will write this letter.  We may need to engage a member to take water samples to sample minerals, petro chemicals, heavy metals.  Barrie will connect with West Nova Labs. 
  11.   AGM-April 17, coffee to be made at 6:00 and people can arrive at 6:30. New members: Nicole Roberts Fenton, Oliver Richard, Elliot MacDonnell and Derrick Ryerson .
  12.   Barrie will circulate info regarding Wooly Adelgid monitoring  for anyone going into hemlock stands .
  13.   Debbie S showed the Burn movie again, April 3, at the library.  He encouraged those who were present to try to get them to go to the web sight.


1.   Tusket River kiack sampling-Alec Cunningham has accepted the supervisory position but we need three people.  ($14.50/hour).  They must work in pairs in the afternoon.   Interested people should get hold of John Sollows.

2.    Free Cycle-Usable electric materials to be dropped off at 9:00am and given out at 10:00.   Ginny and Dianne will help.

3.   Pay Roll sheets will be needed for the Tusket job. (10 weeks: mid April to June).

4.   Derrick Lesser will pass on information about TREPA activities to students in appropriate clubs.

5.   Argyle garbage pick up May 4, Wilson Road 2K and Curry Road -1 K.

6.   Dept. of Environment is still doing reports on mink ranches working and closed farms.  We can fill in a form and take it in to the department.  Acadia University students are doing a study on the gulls that still circulate the mink farms.

   Next meeting AGM, April 17, 6:30.

This entry was posted in General Information. Bookmark the permalink.